Thursday, June 16, 2005

A Day, A Decade -- No big diff

Yesterday Anna and I met up with some friends from McGill – Tiff and Ben and their daughter Clara (who is two months older than Anna). It was fantastic to see them and to finally meet little Clara in the flesh (you can follow her exploits at http://littlemissc.blogspot.com). Before I met them at the train station, I was thinking about the fact that I hadn’t seen Tiff and Ben for about 10 years. Who knew that 10 years could go by so quickly! Unfortunately, the weather didn’t cooperate with us yesterday, and we ended up exploring my neck of the woods in the rain. The good thing about miserable, rainy days is that they are ideal for sitting in cozy English pubs and catching up with old friends.

When did I reach a point in my life where not seeing friends for a decade is (a) possible, and (b) not such a big deal. I guess with friends living all over the world, it is hard to meet up with everyone on a regular basis. The funny thing is that when I saw Tiff and Ben, I didn’t feel like much time had passed since I saw them last.

Anna continues to chat away. New words are:
Tingka = toothbrush, I want to brush my teeth
Opsuh = octopus

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Sif - I love your blog! It was terrific reading about all the "goings ons" - especially, about Anna. We have to chat more frequently because Kate and Anna could be very good buddies - from Kate calling her Daddy "Nick" to Kate singing "Tinkah Tinkah itah stah" to her yelling "dammit" for an entire car ride after I uttered the expletive.....those two are on the same page! ;) I loved the blog - keep it up! You have a loyal reader here! - Maggie